Key dates for candidates and third party advertisers interested in participating in the 2022 municipal election.
Monday May 2
Nomination Period Begins
- First day to file a nomination paper for the offices of Reeve, Councillor and School Board Trustee
- once the nomination paper is filed with the Township, the candidate can start raising and spending money on their campaign
- preliminary spending limit provided to candidates
- preliminary contribution limit provided to candidates running for Reeve and Councillor (does not apply to School Board Trustee candidates)
- First day to file a notice of registration as a third party advertiser
- a third party advertiser cannot raise or spend money on their campaign, nor begin advertising, until their registration is certified by the Township
- preliminary spending limit provided to third party advertiser upon certification
Friday August 19
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM Beginning at 9:00 AM Deadline: 2:00 PM
- Deadline for candidates to:
- file a nomination
- withdraw a nomination
- change office
Monday August 22
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Beginning at 8:00 AM Deadline: 5:00 PM
- Last day to certify candidate nomination papers
- Last day to declare the candidate(s) elected by acclamation
Thursday September 1
Voters' List Available
- Voters’ List available to candidates
Friday September 23
Spending Limits Provided
- Final spending limits provided to candidates and registered third party advertisers
- Final self-contribution limit provided to candidates running for Reeve and Councillor (does not apply to School Board Trustee candidates)
Monday October 17
Internet/Telephone Voting Period Begins
Vote electronically using either the internet or telephone. This option is available 24/7. Internet and telephone voting will close at 8:00pm on October 24 (Election Day).
Friday October 21
Last Day To Register as a third party advertiser
- Last Day To Register as a third party advertiser
Monday October 24
10:00 AM - 8:00 PM Beginning at 10:00 AM Deadline: 8:00 PM
Municipal Election Day
Paper Ballot Voting for Drummond & North Elmsley Wards
Civitan Club, 6787 Lanark County Rd 43, Perth, ON K0G 1B0
Due to uncertainty regarding the pandemic, the voting location has been changed to the Civitan to allow for social distancing.
All candidates meetings are an opportunity for political candidates and residents to connect before an election. Residents have a chance to evaluate the candidates, political platforms, and ask questions about current issues.
The Municipality does not organize any candidate events, however, various organizations within the community often host all candidate meetings or debates.